Job Title: Vice President of Programs
Job Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Compensation & Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Individual Health & Dental Coverage, Individual Retirement Account Contribution and Paid Time Off
About Denver Kids, Inc.
Denver Kids, Inc. (DKI) empowers students to positively shape their lives, successfully complete high school, and pursue post-secondary options. Created in 1946, our organization partners with Denver Public Schools to provide students who are under-resourced with educational counseling. Through long-term, one-on-one relationships, we offer support in academic development, character building and social and emotional skills. Over 80% of the students we serve achieve an on-time high school graduation and more than 90% go on to pursue post-secondary education.
DKI is at an exciting point in its development and seeks a proven leader to guide the next phase of our program. Having recently merged with Denver Urban Scholars, we are now working to merge our programs and to ensure that we can deliver a world-class service to students. Our next Vice President of Programs will be charged with creating, implementing, evaluating and adapting the newly merged program. also be an integral member of our leadership team and an inspiring manager of our large program staff.
The Vice President of Programs is responsible for all aspects of Denver Kid’s programming and for achieving our impact goals. As a member of the executive management team, the Vice President of Programs will be involved in setting the strategic direction of the organization, coaching and motivating staff to excel, and modeling our organizational values.
The Vice President also works closely with Denver Public Schools to align priorities and to optimize support of all students. Community involvement and supporting fundraising efforts are integral aspects of the role.
* Oversee the integration of the legacy programs of Denver Kids Inc and Denver Urban Scholars to create an integrated program that will be launched in August 2021
-Ensure that all program staff are aligned around a shared theory of change
-Ensure that the newly designed program uses evidenced-based strategies and draws on best practices in youth development
-Ensure that all aspects of the new program and are clearly articulated and documented
* Create a detailed plan to implement the new program
-Ensure that all program staff are well trained in the new program model
-Create relationships within DPS schools where the program will be implemented to align expectations
-Develop program implementation milestones
-Adjust and adapt implementation plan as needed
On-Going Program Management
* Supervise program directors and ensure that they have the skills they need to oversee and support program staff
* Preferably provide licensed supervision (including group supervision if needed for licensure hours)
* Create a culture of collegiality and accountability among program staff
* Keep abreast of new developments and best practices in youth development
* Work with Denver Public Schools leadership at both the district and school level to ensure effective program implementation
* Determine key metrics of program success
* Develop systems and policies to ensure accurate and timely program data collection
* Use data to inform decisions about program design
* Serve as a member of the senior leadership team
* Embody the values of DKI
* Coordinate program initiatives with other aspects of the organization including operations and fundraising
* Play a leadership role in strategic planning and in implementation of the plan
* Work closely with the Director of Finance to develop organizational and department budgets.
-Ensure department operates within the approved budget and grant contracts
* Participate in the development of program-related grant funding requests and site visits.
* Meet with funders/board and key community stakeholders
* Proven experience in program development, program management and program evaluation
* Demonstrated experience with data-informed, evidence-based practice in youth development
* At least 5 years of experience managing teams
* At least 3 years of experience managing budgets
* Demonstrated project management experience and cross-functional coordination skills
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
* Demonstrated commitment to education and experience working with students who are under-resourced including
-Experience in urban settings
-Experience working with students and families facing difficult circumstances including but not limited to, poverty, homelessness, domestic violence and immigration.
* Spanish language proficiency
* Master’s degree in counseling, social work or related field
* Deep knowledge of Salesforce
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
* Strong organizational skills.
* Thrives in a changing environment focused on continuous learning and personal development
* Embodies Denver Kids Core Values
* Current Colorado driver’s license required
* Up to date auto insurance with limits of $100/$300/$100 and $5K in Medical Payments required
* Safe and clean driving record required
* Background check required
* Position requires driving to and from schools, events and/or other local entities as necessary
* Occasional time before /after regular working hours is expected
* Occasional transport for student/family according to need
* Satisfactory health and sufficient physical energy to maintain the rigorous schedule required
* Ability to lift at least 20lbs required
* Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Salary range is $75,000 - $90,000 with competitive benefits and time off package.
How to Apply:
* Cover letter
* Brief (no more than 1 page) statement of philosophy about youth development
Please send all materials via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org