Denver Kids, Inc. 501(c)(3) Job Description
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Finance
Compensation & Benefits: Salary range is $41,000-$48,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Individual Health & Dental Coverage, Individual Retirement Account Contribution and Paid Time Off
About Denver Kids, Inc.
Denver Kids, Inc. (DKI) empowers students to positively shape their lives, successfully complete high school, and pursue post-secondary options. Created in 1946, our organization partners with Denver Public Schools to provide students who are under-resourced with educational counseling. Through long-term, one-on-one relationships, we offer support in academic development, character building and social and emotional skills. Over 80% of the students we serve achieve an on-time high school graduation and more than 90% go on to pursue post-secondary education.
Denver Kids, Inc. is hiring an Operations Manager who can provide critical operations support and be a valuable resource for our team. This person will be responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This includes providing operational support to various departments within Denver Kids. This position requires a highly professional, organized individual who can multitask, communicate effectively, balance priorities, display accountability to self and peers, and provide creativity and resourcefulness.
Finance - 25%
- Enter bills into QBO
- Deposit money into bank, enter in QBO
- Enter month end online donations
- Ensure manager approvals on all Divvy transactions for month-end
- Aid in month end processes, including footing the financial statements before sending to Finance Committee
HR - 25%
- Liaison to G&A Partners to get new staff onboarded correctly, make adjustments
- Help with hiring- posting job descriptions, screen candidates, schedule interviews, help write offer letters
- Update org policies & procedures, employee handbook
- Maintain personnel files
- Help with communication norms across the org
General Operations - 50%
- Answer mainline, greet visitors, oversee office supplies
- Ensure adequate liability insurance
- Oversee the tech platforms - Divvy, Slack, G-suite, Small Improvements, DKU
- Staff liaison for DPS for all things operations: DPS equipment, COVID communications, access badges
- Maintain org wide calendar
- Attend Acoma meetings
- Responsible for equipment inventory
- Spanish translations for communications
- Support in building an inclusive culture
- Develop relationships across the organization
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in office administration/operations support.
- Must be able to work a consistent 40-hour work week in the home office location (and remotely during COVID-19 pandemic).
- Very effective organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing programs, and e-mail at a highly proficient level.
- Highly proficient with technology platforms.
- Commitment to using technology to improve efficiency and to supporting teammates around technology.
- Quick learner.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with Google Drive, Zoom, Salesforce, SLACK. Quickbooks Online, Docusign.
- Experience in non-profit sector.
- Commitment to education and youth development.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thrives in a changing environment focused on continuous learning and personal development.
- Embodies Denver Kids Core Values.
- Current Colorado driver’s license required.
- Safe and clean driving record required.
- Background check required.
- Occasional time before /after regular working hours is expected.
- Ability to lift at least 20lbs required.
How to Apply:
No phone calls or mail submissions. Please submit an application packet that includes a cover letter expressing why you are interested in this position and what makes you uniquely qualified for this position as well as your resume that demonstrates your employment history, experience and education to email@example.com.