Job Classification: Part-time
Reports to: Development & Events Coordinator
Hours: 10-20 hours/week
An internship with the Denver Kids Development Team provides the opportunity for hands-on learning and work experience with a leading local educational/youth development nonprofit organization. As an intern, you will work closely with the Development Department to support our annual fundraising Breakfast and daily operations of the Development Department.
- Tracking event RSVP and attendance lists
- Tracking fundraising event participation and donations
- Assisting with coordinating, and assembling day-of event materials
- Assist Development Department in the execution of fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Participate in implementing day-of event logistics
Development Department Support
- Researching in-kind donation opportunities
- Supporting cultivation efforts that help establish strong relationships with donors
- Opportunity to learn functionality of nonprofit departments including programs, finance, and marketing
- Additional development/fundraising administrative tasks as needed such as mailing donation acknowledgements, etc.
- Preferred availability to work at the annual Breakfast fundraiser on May 10, 2023 at the Seawell Grand Ballroom, 6:30-10am.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn Google Sheets, Slides, and Docs.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn donor database systems (DonorPerfect Online and/or Salesforce experience preferred).
- Familiarity with or ability to learn third-party event online event platforms (ex: Greater Giving, Rallybound, ColoradoGives.org, etc.).
Key Skills and Attributes
- Organized & Effective: Thrives in an often fast-paced environment, is organized, communicates effectively, balances priorities, displays accountability to self and peers, and provides creativity and resourcefulness.
- Self-Starter & Team Player: Takes initiative, problem-solves, possesses a strong sense of ownership, and is dedicated to ensuring quality and inclusive programs at all times. Inspires the trust and confidence of others in order to collaborate on projects and gain knowledge necessary to ensure success in coordinating activities and events.
Hours range from 10 to 20 hours/week, flexible within a Monday-Friday schedule, and is available either fully in-person or hybrid virtual/in-person. This paid, part-time opportunity to start as soon as possible and last through the end of May, with the possibility to continue.
Denver Kids, Inc. has worked in partnership with Denver Public Schools (DPS) since 1946 to empower students to positively shape their lives, successfully complete high school, and pursue post-secondary options.
Please note, this internship is for those interested in the fundraising and administrative side of non-profit, and it does not involve any programming with students.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.